Sunday 18 July 2010

The end of 'The Silence', ebay and driving...

I wasn't impressed by the ending of the BBC1 drama 'The Silence'. It's inferred that the uncles' coworkers are the murderers, but then they drug him and make it look like he's cut his wrists and leave him to die. The ending is basically the ambulance taking him away, his family crying, and Amelia asking her mum for her CI back.

Overall, I liked it, but there were some totally unrealistic bits- her understanding her uncles Scottish whispering from behind her- I couldn't hear it aided and I have a mild/mod loss and keep subtitles on. I did like when she stood up to her mother, who basically pushed the CI operation on Amelia, and yelled something like 'I'm not the hearing daughter you wanted, I'm not her!' I've never had this experience- I was a 'normal' child for 6 years until my hearing loss was discovered; thrust upon me.

Ebay! As you know, I'm learning to drive- I've been learning on and off for a long time because I used to have severe anxiety about driving. My theory test is soon. SOON! I must revise...they make you wear headphones to hear the voiceovers of the questions but it distracts me from reading the questions so I'll see if I can not wear them. I hope they don't make my hearing aids whistle. Last time I took (and failed) the test I was wearing the slimtube kind.

Anyway, cars cost money, and I'm now single, so I've thrown myself into this...I've put the musical instruments I no longer play on ebay- I made £50 the other day selling a guitar effects pedal, £15 today selling a music stand. If everything sells at the current bids I will have made £230! I have already paid £20 in ebay fees however (will pay more after they all sell) and set up a new domain for my jewellery website, which cost £60.

MONEY and the having of it scares me- it's something grownups have, not me. My aim is to save up about £600 by Christmas for buying a car when the time comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment